Thursday, December 16, 2010

1st few days home

Could return home on 2nd November. Settled down after a while before baby cried and I latched her on. However, breasts started to harden and was rather painful. latched on and pumped out. yield was v. little. around 20 ml.

Kayden came home when I was expressing milk. He thought I locked him out and he banged the door and shouted for me. Could hear his fear. I quickly opened the door and let him in. Couldn't spend much time with him cos veyr busy with expressing milk. Felt so upset. He was excited to see his mei mei. sayang her and then sat beside the playpen looking at her even though we told him it was time to sleep. he finally agreed to lie down after we switched off the lights.

Was very engorged the next day when I woke up. Quickly called the lactation consultant hotline and left a message for yen ping. guess she was v. busy. in the end, huiling, a lactation nurse called and she said the only appt she has left is 1.15pm. i rushed to have my lunch and went down. She taught me how to massage and pumped and told me to put cabbage leaves in my bra all the time unless it's for expressing. She also mentioned that I had cracked nipples and possible infection as I have red spots on my chest. The whole process was excruciatingly painful. I held on tightly to the table while Huiling helped me to massage. cried very badly during the process. after the appt, paid and went to the pharmacy to get denzen to reduce the swelling. the person at the counter took his own sweet time and i was in so much pain that i teared. another pharmacist saw and assisted me in getting the medication. called my younger sis and in the end, she took time off and sent me home. was very thankful to her.

No comments: