Not sure if I've been doing the right thing but I've smacked Kayden a couple of times when he throws things when he's angry or when he wants to climb without supervision. he'll stop after a while. seems like he understood that such behaviour is undesirable and will stop. but sometimes, he will purposely want to attract my attention. he'll go to the double-deck bed, wait for me to look at him and purposely climb the ladder without waiting for me to move over.
however, smacking or threatening by 'ta shou'(beat his hand) seems to have negative effects on him. nowsadays when he is frustrated with himself, he smacks his hand or leg and say 'ta shou'or 'ta jiao'(hit his leg). Furthermore, he's also learning to use it on us. When we don't give in to him, he will threaten 'ta jiao ah'. Ai yoh, dunno what to do. There are differing views. Some said that he's using 'ji jiang fa'to stop the punishment and I should continue. I'm not too sure too cos I dun want him to use violence on himself or on others. But reasoning or asking him to sit in notti corner doesn't work. He'll throw tantrums if he's put in his notti corner which defeats the purpose of punishing him.
Guess must go read up some books on discipline during the june hols liao. :(
Tuesday, May 06, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment