Brought Kayden to Dr. Gomez to check on his general health and whether he has thyroid problem on 12 Sept. His appt is at 3.10 but we have to reach KKH 2 hrs before hand so the blood test results will be out by the time we see Dr. Gomez. I was rather worried about bringing kayden out for some hours. My father and sis bought maclaren xt so I could put kayden in the stroller while waiting for the appt. I was also worried in issues such as what if kayden screams for milk in the hospital while I'm getting the milk ready.
My dad accompanied me to KKH and I did the registration. A nurse then took Kayden's height and weight.
Height: 57cm (which is 10cm more than his birth height)
Weight: 4.6kg
Then I brought him to K1 the treatment room where Kayden is supposed to have his blood test done. A baby before Kayden was screaming and crying very loudly for about 5 to 10 mins. I couldn't bear to hear the crying and I took Kayden away for a while. Came back after I saw the baby was out. The parents were crying and the dad was scolding the nurse. I could understand how they feel. The baby still did not have his blood test done.
I was a bit worried as I heard the dad saying that the nurse poked the baby many times and still could not draw the blood. But I still went in with Kayden. The first thing the nurse asked me is whether Kayden has any pacifier. Oh gosh! Is it going to be that painful? That was my 1st thought. Anyway, the nurse asked me to remove Kayden's mittens and hold onto his right hand. Kayden was cool. The nurse poked in using a rather thick needle and drew out some blood. He did not even whimper. Guess my preparation for the jab by telling him that it's gonna be painful but beneficial for him works.
Andy arrived later and we brought a baby carrier from mothercare at $70 using the $50 voucher given by sis's colleagues. My sis has brought Kayden to her office and I soon received a phone call telling me that Kayden has passed motion. We went to the office quickly and took him to change. Luckily, KKH has a changing table with all the necessities there. We realised that the smell was due to his fart and not from his stools.
Then we brought him to the cafeteria where Andy had a dessert and I had a cup of milo. We then proceeded to the clinic (K19) and waited there for Kayden's turn. During the process, Kayden got hungry and we quickly fed him milk without much commotion. Phew!
Soon, it was our turn to see Dr. Gomez. He asked some general questions and checked on Kayden's body. He measured here and there. Don't know what he's checking though. he then opened up Kayden's diaper. Oh gosh, Kayden has passed motion even though the stools were very little. Dr. Gomez then completed the check and asked me to put Kayden's diaper back. He then told me that according to Kayden's height and weight, he is of avg size. He has also passed his thyroid blood test and according to the doc, Kayden's happily discharged. Thank god! We then brought him to change his diaper and took a cab back to my mum's place. Andy rested for a while there and then went for his haircut. We then went home after that.
Saturday, September 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment