Sunday, September 03, 2006

The day without my confinement lady

Today is the last day of my confinement lady's service. I was very upset the night before and couldn't sleep well. I was sad that she's leaving as I've developed a certain bonding with her and also I'm worried about how i would cope without her.

Early in the morning, I was fed up with my mil again. We told her that we will be cutting a bit of Kayden's hair ourselves and bring him to the barber a few months later. she threw a tantrum and insisted that we should shave his head today. She then said in a loud voice asking the aunty in Cantonese that she should speak up and not worry about our responses. Aunty was saying it depends on individuals. In the end, she kept quiet and went down for breakfast with Andy. Andy called his eldest sis and she finally persuaded her mum about the issue but I told Andy to bring him down to the barber to shave Kayden's hair.

Andy, my mil and the aunty brought Kayden down to shave his hair. Kayden was quite ok during the shaving process. Aunty carried him while the barber shaved him botak.

The 'botak' Kayden. :)

He came back sleepy and aunty quickly bathed him as he was covered with fine hair.
My mil was so proud that Kayden had a red birthmark on his scalp just like andy's blue birthmark. I was thinking what's so great about having a red birthmark.

After that, Andy, his 2nd sis, bil and his mum went to give out the cakes. Aunty soon left. She gave me her contact nos and told me to take care of myself well. I cried after she left. Really missed her liao. My sis came over to accompany me and I cried more. Really emotional. Hope I'll get used to her absence soon.

No comments: