Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Afraid of Ants

Haha... this is a topic that's interesting. Kayden always watches 'Tom and Jerry' and there is this scene where the dogs are having a picnic and Tom tries to fish Jerry from the picnic basket. Instead, Tom fishes out the food and puts them on the branch. Ants then 'stomp' up the branch and the apples, Tom and all the food fell.

Din realise that he was afraid of ants even though he used to smack the ants whenever he sees them. He was eating some biscuits and I was rather concerned as I don't want him to eat in bed. Told him ants will come later cos there are food crumbs on the bed. He quickly got off the bed and says, "No"... and insisted that we should carry him. It was rather comical.

Then there are a few other instances where I used ants to 'blackmail' him into behaving such as when he's throwing things onto the floor. I will pick up my handphone and tell him that I am going to call Mr Ant to come as he wasn't behaving well. He will say, "No... Ant bite mummy." Lol. Then he will insist that we carry him. It was then I said that if he puts the things back in place, I will ask Mr Ant not to come and he will keep the things back. Then I will explain to him why it is wrong to do that. Rather useful at times but my parents said that it's not healthy to 'scare' him. However, it's the only thing that will get him to do things. He's not afraid of anybody. He can tell me it's wrong to do this or it's dangerous to do that but he'll still do unless I 'call' Mr Ant. Wonder whether it will have any side effects on him. :(

No comments: