Monday, November 19, 2007

Planning to travel

Was bitten by the travel bug. Dunno why I felt the need to take a short break. Perhaps it's because i saw many of my colleagues planning to travel. Was talking to Andy but I knew he does not like to travel and most probably would not agree. Surprisingly, he was agreeable and he mentioned Bangkok. I was rather excited as I have never been there and heard that it's a good place to shop. Finally, we can celebrate our wedding anniversary together.

Spent quite a lot of time surfing the net and calling the travel agencies. Got a pretty good deal and did not confirm cos have not inform the 'empress dowager'. Waited a couple of days before we inform her. Sure enough, she was not very pleased about it. We had to 'lie' to her that we are going with our friends or she'll want to tag along again.

I called the travel agent the next day to confirm it but the flights left are only afternoon or evening flights. As we can only go for a short break (don't want to leave Kayden for too long), we decided not to go Bangkok but somewhere we can maximise the holiday time by taking a morning flight. The only place that we could think of for a short getaway was Hong Kong. Hence, we quickly confirmed the air tickets.

Yippee, everything was settled. Now eagerly waiting to travel but will definitely miss Kayden.

No comments: