Monday, August 14, 2006

Reflections

Thinking back about delivery. It wasn't as bad as I thought. It's just the waiting for the dilation and having andy to suffer along with me that makes me feel bad.

I was also glad that I induced early cos Kayden din really gain weight after wk 33. His weight at birth was 2.445kg while his estimated weight during wk 33 was 2.38 to 2.48kg. Thank goodness, he wasn't considered as a premmie.

He had to stay in the hospital even though I was discharged on the 6th of Aug. Was miserable and crying when I left the hospital. Felt so bad about leaving him in hospital alone. He has to stay till at least 8th aug (Tues) to have his thyroid test and to monitor his jaundice level.

Was relieved when Kayden was able to be discharged on the 8th Aug.

Jaundice level at:
day 3 was around 100.
day 4 was 160+
day 5 was 193.
day 6 was 229. (this test was conducted at the polyclinic. My poor boy has to go for another test the next day)
day 7 was 208. (thank god it's coming down. but doc says need to do 1 more test to confirm)
day 8 was 176 (yeah! he only need to go back on next fri which is 18 aug.)

Hopefully, can post more good news of Kayden soon.

No comments: