Was very nervous on 28th June 2008. It was the day of my driving test. I couldn't sit still and I kept pacing around the house until my mum could not stand me. Andy kept reassuring me that everything would go smoothly and I kept praying that I would pass. Don't want to spend more money learning (I have already spent $2200+) and time (Cos i wanna ttc liao. :) ) so I wanna pass it once.
Went to Ubi very early and reached there around 12 noon (even though my warm-up is at 12.30 pm) cos I had a nightmare the night before, dreaming that I was late for the test. Loitered around for quite a while before it was time for warm-up. Met an Indian guy in his mid-forties. He could see that I was nervous and shared with me his experiences. This would be his 3rd time taking the test. We chatted for a while and then we went off separately with our individual instructor.
I took car 203. The instructor wasn't very friendly and he took me to the courses and then one of the test routes. Everything seemed ok even though i was nervous. finished the warm-up in 30 mins even though it was stipulated to be 45 mins. Was brought to a room where I placed my test slip and PDL in a box. Instructor told me to come back to the room in another 30 - 40 mins. waited very anxiously outside the room. met the Indian guy again and we chatted for quite long to ease our anxiety.
Soon it was time and we drew lots. I was assigned to Route 10. Think it was one of the simplest route. Also has Mr. Asli as my tester. My heart was pounding like mad when we walked towards the car. The tester was rather quiet and had a serious face. My palms were sweating and I often had to wipe them on my jeans during the test. LOL... Thank God the traffic was quite smooth and I din have much problem changing lanes.
We soon came back to the centre and i was led to a room. The tester suddenly asked me, "Passed or Failed?" and then he quickly answered "Passed!" in a happy tone. haha... think he was trying to create suspense for me. Said that i was a pretty good driver for my 1st attempt. lol... he should have seen the mistakes i made during my lessons. always scolded for having no guts during lane changing. 12 marks were deducted (8 marks for not checking blind spots. he said that i din turn my head enough so not considered. 4 marks for slow driving.) must really try to be more careful in my future driving cos it's a big responsibility. lives are at stake.
anyway, I was elated and quickly smsed my sisters and andy. No need to spend more money on lessons but could start thinking of buying a car now. Yippee!!! must start searching for info on car liao.
Monday, July 07, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment